Saturday, July 21, 2007

Not impressed. . .

Well, the niece and nephew (ages 19 and 20) are not impressed by text to speech, and wondered why I "chose" the male voice. They've been playing around with various versions of it on their computers for years, and it's old news to them to make the slightly robotic-sounding voice say funny things. I know it's not that new, but I think the ease with which it can be installed is a bit new, so I'm still a bit thrilled about it. And it sure wouldn't be the first time they've rolled their eyes and indicated I'm a little lame.

3 comments:

Barb M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb M said...

I signed up too and was really tickled with myself. I did wonder why there was no female voice but I'm still enjoying it especially the way it mispronounces certain words.

Starr said...

Ahh! The eye roll. This move has been perfected by teens everywhere. I assure you, that although our family members think we are lame, nerdy, and frumpy, we are, in reality, hip and cool young librarians. Just don't tell my sister - she would laugh in my face. I am impressed.

Signed Click Clack Moo (pause my Playlist to hear it read while it's being signed)